ANTICSS "Anti-Circumvention of Standards for better market Surveillance"
Azione di coordinamento e supporto finanziata dal programma Europeo H2020 Energy (2016-2019)
Persona di contatto
Milena Presutto (DUEE).
ANTICSS project wants to contribute to improving product compliance and more effective market surveillance from another perspective, in fact it aims to go beyond the current traditional approach to the verification of coordinated compliance among market surveillance authorities in the Member States, investigating globally the problem of "circumvention" in the application of legislation on eco-design and energy labeling and in the use of harmonized standards. In particular, the project aims to:
- define what exactly is meant by "circumvention" and evaluate its application by market economic operators in order to obtain better product positioning in relation to EU legislation on energy labeling and eco-design;
- collect circumvention cases described in the available literature and through interviews with experts in the field, and analyze the legislation on labeling/ ecodesign in force and the applicable measurement methods to highlight any elements of weakness that could be used for the purpose of circumvention. The potential relationship between circumvention and "smart" products with specific embedded software will also be addressed; this information will allow to draw conclusions on how to better identify and prevent circumvention in the future;
- assess the impact of the circumvention on energy consumption and functional performance by performing laboratory tests on a sample of equipment from different product groups;
- define specific control procedures or checklists to identify possible circumvention practices and disseminate them to the market test supervisors;
- promote communication and collaboration between the major stakeholders and the standardization bodies to eliminate circumvention practices in relation to EU legislation on energy labeling and eco-design.